Causes, symptoms and treatment of eczema on the legs
Eczema is one of the most common skin diseases that many people face, regardless of age or gender. This is a chronic disease characterized by a change in periods of exacerbation and remission. Therefore, many are interested in the question of how the treatment of eczema in the legs.
The main causes of
Most often, such skin lesions are nothing more than an allergic reaction to the effects of certain substances. In turn, allergy is the result of increased sensitivity of the immune system, in which there is an active release of specific immunoglobulins. Therefore, before you talk about how to treat eczema on your feet, you should be familiar with the main risk factors.
- As already mentioned, the symptoms of the disease can manifest upon contact with certain substances. In most cases, detergents and cosmetics, such as soap, laundry detergent, body lotion, etc., act as allergens.In some women, reddening of the skin can be the result of the constant wearing of synthetic tights.
- In some cases, eczema develops in damaged areas of the skin, for example, at the site of a cut, scratch, or burn. In such cases, the disease is likely triggered by the activity of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Risk factors can also include hormonal disruptions and some diseases leading to a weakened immune system.
- It has been proven that exacerbations of eczema are often triggered by nervous overstrain or severe stress.
- Sometimes a sharp change of climate, an increase in humidity or, conversely, dry air can lead to eczema.
The main signs of eczema
In fact, the disease may be accompanied by different symptoms depending on the form of the disease. However, most often the disease begins with the appearance of edema in the legs, as well as redness of the skin. Patients also complain of itching and discomfort. Eczema (photo) is also accompanied by dry skin until cracks appear, the affected areas are covered with crusts. At the same time, with the wet form of the disease, a watery rash with a transparent filling may occur.As the disease progresses, small bubbles on the skin begin to open, forming a yellowish flake on the surface. Due to constant itching, a general deterioration of the state of health and quality of life of a person begins - he becomes irritable, suffers from insomnia and weakness.
Treatment of eczema on the legs
With a similar problem, it is necessary to consult a specialist as soon as possible, since in the early stages it is easier to stop the progressive disease. It is also worth noting that the treatment of eczema on the legs depends on the cause of its occurrence. If skin lesions are the result of an allergic reaction, then first of all it is necessary to determine the nature of the allergen and try to avoid any contact with this substance. Patients prescribed antihistamines, suspending the development of allergies. Anti-inflammatory ointments, which quickly relieve redness and itching, are also used. At the time of treatment is to abandon the use of shower gels and other cosmetics, preferring household or children's soap with a minimum amount of flavors, dyes and other substances.In some cases, the skin is treated with antiseptics, in the presence of a bacterial infection antibiotics are used.