A well-known nutritionist Pierre Duacan says thatEach of us from birth has a strictly defined number of fat cells. And the more these cells, the more likely the development of obesity. In addition, with increased nutrition, fat cells can double. Applying various diets, only the amount of fat decreases, the number of cells remains unchanged. It is for this reason, it is extremely difficult to maintain the desired weight after a variety of diets.
So Pierre Ducan is convinced that one should not just stick to any specific diets, but need to follow the system of nutrition devised by him all his life. Dyukan's Diet consists of several phases.
This is the very first phase in whichattack their fat cells. To do this, it is necessary to split fatty tissue. The duration of this phase directly depends not only on your initial weight, but also on the weight that you want to have as a result. As a rule, the phase "Attack" lasts 3-7 days. At this stage, takes 2-6 kg of excess weight.
If the excess weight is 10-20 kg, thenthe duration of this phase should be 3-5 days, if the excess weight fluctuates within 20-30 kg, then - 5-7 days and if there is more than 30 kg of excess weight, then - 5-10 days.
In the "Attack" phase, consumption is allowed onlyproteins: meat, eggs, fish, as well as low-fat dairy products. You can eat absolutely any amount of food and at any time, the most important thing is to adhere to the following rules:
- Completely eliminate beef from your diet,boiled veal, rabbit, duck and goose, pork and lamb. Meat is allowed to eat even fried, the main thing you can not use butter and sauce when frying.
- Chicken and turkey, as well as lean ham, beef liver or chicken liver, any fish (boiled, grilled or steamed), any seafood are allowed.
- Salt should be consumed in small amounts, and sugar must be completely excluded from its diet.
- It is necessary to eat 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran daily.
- Fat-free dairy products are allowed.
For cooking, you can use vinegar,spices, sugar substitute, garlic, onion, mustard, gherkins and lemon juice. It is necessary to pay attention to the fact that this diet has a rather complex menu. Dukan's diet focuses not only on proper nutrition, but also on sports and walking. So, it is recommended to make daily walks lasting not less than 20 minutes.
This phase lasts as long asis necessary to achieve the desired weight. The "Cruise" phase consists of the alternation of 2 diets: protein days with days including an unlimited number of vegetables in the diet, which go as a supplement to meat, poultry, fish, as well as skimmed dairy products.
If you want to quickly lose excess weight, it is best to consume food only when there is a very strong hunger.
The scheme of consumption of food in the phase of "Cruise" is as follows:
- 1-5 days, carried out on pure protein, should be alternated with 1-5 days, the addition of vegetables
- should increase the intake of oat bran to 2 tablespoons a day
- you should continue to drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day
This phase allows:
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp. starch
- 3 tablespoons white or red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy cream
- 1 tsp and 3-4% cream
From the above products, you can choose only 2 allowable products per day.
In unlimited quantities, you can use gelatin, algae, garlic, all spices, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, adzhika, gherkins and sugar substitute.
At this stage the Ducane protein diet looks like this:
- Breakfast: tea or coffee, 230 g low-fat cottage cheese or two small low-fat yogurt, a slice of lean ham, turkey, chicken or boiled egg
- Second breakfast: no more than 115 g fat-free cottage cheese or one small fat-free yogurt
- Lunch: coffee or tea, tuna and stewed mushrooms
- Afternoon snack: oat pancake with a small piece of lean chicken or ham
- Supper consists of soup-mashed potatoes, zucchini, shish kebab from beef, dessert from egg whites
The "Fastenings" phase
This phase is necessary in order to consolidatethe result achieved and return to normal nutrition. One of the main tasks of the "Fastening" phase is to prevent the return of kilograms that were lost.
This phase lasts for as many days, how many kilograms you have reduced your weight (at the rate of 10 days per 1 kilogram lost).
During this phase, you can eat the following foods:
- products of the "Attack" phase
- vegetables phase "Cruise"
- 1 serving of fruit (Exceptions are bananas, cherries and grapes, they should be completely excluded from the diet)
- 40 grams of cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 servings per week of products containing starch (potatoes, rice, pasta, beans, peas, maize)
Phase of "Stabilization"
This phase has a very important goal - to stabilize the weight. During the "Stabilization" phase, you can eat absolutely normally, the main thing is to observe two principles:
- One day a week must be a "Day of pure protein"
- daily should eat 3 tablespoons oat bran
The duration of this stage is unlimited. However, according to the recommendation of Pierre Ducane, it is desirable to stick to these principles for life.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Ducane diet
- The first kilograms go off quickly enough, which contributes to motivation.
- There are no restrictions on the time of intake and the amount of food.
- Not a very aggressive diet. It can suit even gourmets, who love to cook.
- Recipes for the Ducane diet are quite complex, so this diet is not suitable for those who do not like to cook.
- The absence of cereals in the diet leads to a shortage in the body of vitamins of group B.
- Lack of fiber can lead to constipation.
- Deficiency of vitamins and microelements.
- This diet creates an increased burden on the kidneys. People who do not know about their possible problems with the kidneys are at risk, since such a problem can worsen.
International medical associations do not support the Ducane diet, arguing that it can cause great harm to the body. Disputes on this account have been ongoing for several years.