Halit on the lips: types, causes and treatment
Halilit is a disease of the lips of the inflammatorycharacter, which affects both their fringe and mucous membrane. In the people cheilitis on the lips is called "zayedoy." This pathology can arise as an independent disease or as a clinical sign of inflammation of the internal organs.
Classification of the disease
Kheilit on the lips has various forms, which differ among themselves as by etiology, and by common signs.
Types of the disease:
- Angular cheilitis - inflammation of the skin and mucous membranesmouth, which is accompanied by the appearance of reddening and cracks in the corners of the lips, as well as bubbles and ulcers with a crust. As a rule, it occurs in children and elderly people, mostly female.
- Allergic cheilitis - mainly due to the sensitivity of the lips to various chemicals. Very often he has a professional character.
- Atopic cheilitis - a strong reddening and peeling of the border of the lips, accompanied by itching. May occur as a result of genetic predisposition or allergies.
- Exfoliative cheilitis - manifested in the formEksematoznogo disease as a consequence of disruption of the endocrine system. It is accompanied by the formation of yellow and white scales on the skin, after the removal of which they can form again.
Halit on the lips: reasons
This lesion of the mucous membrane of the lips can occur as a result of a variety of factors:
- negative environmental impact;
- cheilitis on the lips may occur as a result of diseases of the endocrine system or immunodeficiency;
- reception of very hot or spicy food;
- sharp temperature fluctuations leading to drying and weathering of the lips, as well as the appearance of cracks on them;
- the presence of allergies to a variety of chemicals and other substances that come in contact with the lips;
- the presence of diseases such as syphilis, lichen, skin tuberculosis, psoriasis and eczema;
- genetic predisposition;
- diseases of internal organs or failure of the digestive tract;
- reduction of the body's resistance to diseases caused by cancer treatment procedures (chemotherapy).
Heilit on the lips: treatment
This disease requires a specifictreatment, which largely depends on the causes of the appearance of pathology and its kind. Therefore, if you find yourself in such formations on the lips, you need to see a doctor. But only to what? Heilit on the lips - this is a disease of the mouth, so you need to go to the dentist.
As a rule, such troubles are treatedapplying to the affected skin areas of various ointments, for example, hydrocortisone, zinc, prednisolone and others. For many types of cheilitis, only local treatment will be sufficient, which will eliminate external signs. At others it is necessary to spend full sanation of an oral cavity, and also treatment of sick places with solutions of vitamins and anti-inflammatory agents.
If cheilitis on the lips has very wide "arrays", then it is necessary to prescribe more serious drugs or even surgery.