How to get rid of the smell of tobacco in the apartment: effective ways and recommendations
The smell of cigarettes is one of the most persistent, because tobacco leaves contain a large amount of tar. These substances are characterized by deep penetration into various types of materials: the fabric of clothing and furniture, fur coats, human hair, even if smokers try to do it on the balcony or on the street. Those who do not touch cigarettes simply cannot stand this “flavor”. Hostesses, it is important to know how to get rid of the smell of tobacco in the apartment, although it may be difficult.
Sometimes dear guests are allowed to smoke in the house. But after they leave, the question arises: "How to get rid of the smell of cigarettes in the apartment?" Fortunately, the smoke from isolated cases is not so difficult to remove. To do this, you must follow a few simple steps:
- Open the windows and the front door, creating a draft in the room in which guests smoked. 20-30 minutes is enough to remove the smell.
- To speed up the purification of the air, you can moisten a towel with a weak vinegar solution. If a damp cloth is left in the room, the smell will go faster.
- Having an air conditioner will make life even easier - it will quickly remove unwanted odors.
If, while waiting for guests, you are feverishly flipping through the pages of magazines looking for tips on how to get rid of the smell of tobacco in the apartment, remove the carpets from the room - this will greatly facilitate the work. If the "fumigation" happened unexpectedly, and failed to prepare, you can save the carpets with the help of soda. It should be poured on the surface of the carpet for at least 60 minutes. After that, thoroughly vacuum.
To get rid of the smell of the kitchen, it is recommended to cook something in the oven. It is desirable that the food was well peppered and with the addition of garlic - these flavors are best interrupted and remove the smell from cigarettes.
Smells from the entrance
If smoking neighbors understood how to get rid of the smell of tobacco in the apartment, and began to smoke in the stairwell, this could be a problem for the owners of simple wooden doors. It is not always possible to resolve the issue peacefully, and the district officer will simply not run on every cigarette.In neighbors, exhausted by smokers, there is only one way out - to put a good metal door with a tight fit around the perimeter and to thoroughly clean the apartment from already eaten smells.
If you like to smoke a cigarette in the morning without leaving your bed / bath / kitchen, you may be interested in how to get rid of the smell of tobacco in an apartment. There may be several solutions, and they all require an investment. However, the relatively clean air in the house is worth it, especially if the family has children or asthmatics.
- The ideal solution is air washing. For those who still did not know how to get rid of the smell of tobacco in the apartment, this technique will seem like a miracle. It removes all unpleasant odors, moisturizes the air and cleans it.
- If you do not have enough money to wash, you can purchase an air conditioner with a cleaning function. It is able to remove many types of odors in a short time.
- Not even the most expensive ionizer can be the answer to the question of how to get rid of the smell of cigarettes and tobacco in an apartment. The principle of the device is cold evaporation. In the automatic mode, the fragrance is injected into the air, which is accelerated around the room by the built-in fan.
- Modern manufacturers of accessories for smokers offer smokeless ashtrays with ionization. They have a built-in filter to trap smoke and a fan. Energy is obtained from conventional batteries or via a USB cable from a computer.
The smell in the tissues
Most of all, the smoker gives off a smell from upholstered furniture, carpets and clothes, since it is fabrics that absorb smoke best. Therefore, starting to get rid of the smell, you must carefully wash and wash all fabric surfaces. In the wash should go blankets, curtains, bedspreads, tablecloths, clothes. Outerwear and feather pillows should be dry-cleaned if you can not throw them away and buy new ones.
Carpets and carpets should be thoroughly cleaned. The easiest way to do this is with a washing vacuum cleaner with flavored shampoo added, but this “miracle of technology” is not available in every home. Therefore, most of the housewives will have to clean the surface manually.
To learn from your own experience whether it is possible to get rid of the smell of cigarettes in an apartment and on carpets is not difficult. This will require water and "Vanish". First of all, the carpet must be vacuumed to remove trash.After that, dilute according to the instructions detergent. Distribute the resulting foam on a pile with a sponge or mop. If it happened to wet the carpet - it is even for the better, because it will surely leave the smell. After drying, it is necessary to vacuum thoroughly again, removing residues.
In winter, you can resort to the “old-fashioned” method: clean the carpets with snow. If there is no such experience, it is important to remember that the snow should be clean, best of all freshly fallen. The surface is covered with white mass, then with the help of a broom they sweep it together with old smells and dirt. Well, if there is where to hang the carpet and carefully beat with sticks. Returning to the apartment, this carpet will fill it with the aromas of winter, clean air and celebration.
Upholstered furniture is cleaned with foam detergent or a vacuum cleaner. It is advisable to take the mattresses in the trash, but if there is no money for new ones, these should be cleaned. The easiest way is to take it outside with the carpet. You can also cover the mattress with a damp, dense cloth and start to gently knock out. With this method, the dust will not be worn in the air, and absorbed into the textiles, which should be rinsed several times during the procedure.
Soft toys are washed by hand or in a typewriter.In the rinse mode it is worth adding a conditioner with a pleasant aroma.
Moisture resistant surfaces
Everything that can be washed should be thoroughly treated with water and vinegar. Clean windows, walls, floor, ceiling, window sills and other surfaces. If the wallpaper on the walls are not subject to wet processing, they need to be vacuumed and lightly rubbed with a cloth.
When deciding how to get rid of the smoke-filled room from the smell, we must not forget about the books. Paper perfectly absorbs odors, but gives them very reluctantly. The volumes probably never succeed in imparting a pleasant aroma. If you don’t throw up your books, you can put them on the balcony for the winter. During the cold period a little bit, but the smell disappears. After that, books should be placed in cabinets with tight-fitting doors so that the smell does not go out.
These remedies will not help remove odors, but they can quite effectively hide them from smelling.
Essential oils will help mask the smell of smoke. Experienced housewives know how easy it is to remove the smell of tobacco in an apartment, using aroma, you need citronella oil.This tool hides tobacco scent more quickly and efficiently than others. Oil can be placed in a special lamp or dripped on a regular one (switch on only after this). Heating up, the lamp will spread aroma on the room.
You can buy special "anti-tobacco" candles. They consist of lavender, citronella, eucalyptus and other plants. The room is to place a few of these candles.
Fresheners and cleaners
Smokers very often use these tools to combat odors in their apartments:
- Odor gel. In the box placed tool. When you open the fragrance goes, masking all the unpleasant odors. Good for small spaces.
- Aerosol cleaners. Convenient to use, a wide variety of flavors.
- Odor neutralizers. Suitable for use on fabric surfaces. Effectively removes odors.
Scavenger and drayper
Today you can use odor absorbers. In the room arrange several devices. Homemade sinks: containers of ground coffee, activated charcoal, peel or zest of citrus, soda. Driver "anti-tobacco" actively absorbs odors.These granules are placed next to an ashtray, where they are most effective. Often used as a filler ashtrays. In wet areas, the draper should be dried regularly.
People have long known how to get rid of things and an apartment from the smell of tobacco smoke. Make it easy and inexpensive, but the methods are quite effective:
- Spray perfume on cooled light bulbs. When you turn on the electricity room filled with your favorite scents.
- In a container with sea salt drip essential oil, preferably citrus.
- Place in a "smoking" room plates with rice, which absorbs odors well.
- Moisten towels and hang around the apartment. Unpleasant odors quickly absorbed into the fabric, after which it should be washed.
The most effective way to get rid of tobacco stink in the apartment - repair. Whitewashing, painting, changing the wallpaper and floor, replacing furniture - nothing else can so relieve unpleasant odors. If the apartment has been smoked for years and even the ceiling is covered with nicotine stains, the repair should be thorough, not cosmetic (removing all old surfaces, puttying and smearing all stains).Today you can buy paints that kill odors - "Antinicotinic."
The ideal way to prevent odor from recurring is to stop smoking and not allow it to guests. If you are not yet set up for such a radical method, never smoke at home or in the stairwell. Maximum - on the balcony.
Those who can not imagine life without a cigarette can be advised to switch to electronic analogues. Feelings from their use are no different from traditional smoking, while harm to themselves and others is applied much less. The advantages of this method are:
- Improving well-being by minimizing the flow of harmful substances into the body.
- The vapor emanating from the cigarette is odorless, which means that the cleaned apartment will delight you with pleasant aromas, without causing discomfort to the family.
- Electronic cigarettes do not cause cancer.
Whatever decision is made regarding smoking, with the help of the methods outlined above, an apartment can be rid of the smell of tobacco and other unpleasant odors.