How to swim in the pool?
Swimming is considered one of the most useful sports. He has a number of undeniable advantages:
- this kind of sport is the least traumatic;
- swimming develops all muscle groups;
- they can be practiced at any age and at any level of physical fitness.
Swimming can be done both onprofessional level, and amateur, which is called "for yourself." In this article, we'll tell you how to swim in the pool to get fit, lose weight, or strengthen health.
If you want your child to grow up healthy andstrong - give it to the swimming section. Typically, the cost of classes in such sections for children and adolescents is significantly lower (an average of 1500-2000 rubles per month) than for adults, but the child will have the opportunity several times a week (usually 10 lessons per month) to be supervised qualified coach. If in time he manifests himself, he may even be able to participate in competitions.
There are also swimming sections foradults, but they are less popular due to the fact that it is more difficult for adults to tailor their schedule to a specific timetable. It is easier to purchase a subscription for several classes or to pay separately each class and walk when it is convenient for you.
One of the main advantages that givesa visit to the swimming section - you will be taught how to breathe properly. If you do not breathe properly, you will get tired very quickly and will not be able to properly master the technique of this or that style of swimming.
The basic rules of breathing that you need to remember:
- Inhalation is always carried out over the water, and exhalation - into the water;
- Inhale the air with your mouth, and exhale at the same timenose and mouth. This is a prerequisite to mitigate the burden on the respiratory system during intense training. With minor loads, one can breathe only with the nose;
- The breathing technique must match the style of swimming you choose.
Training of swimming styles
- Brass - perhaps the most common formswimming, in which the swimmer swims on his chest, face into the water, making symmetrical movements with his hands and feet on the surface of the water. Brass is the slowest style of swimming, which is more suitable for rest and relaxation and, as a rule, does not imply strong physical exertion.
- Krol is not less popular style. The swimmer also swims on his chest, but alternately strokes his hands over the surface of the water. This is a much faster and more dynamic style of swimming, and it is much more difficult to master than a breaststroke.
- Butterfly - swimming style "dolphin", withwhich both hands symmetrically make strokes, lifting the body above the water, while the lower part of the trunk performs wavy movements, helping the body to move forward. This type of voyage is the most debilitating and technically complex and requires a large number of hours of training.
- Swimming on the back is also called a crawl on the back,because, in fact, these styles are very similar to each other. As the name implies, their difference is that when swimming on the back the swimmer keeps on the surface of the water on his back, face up.
As a rule, all workouts are divided into three parts: warm-up, basic set of exercises, fixing:
- In order to prepare the body for the main load, it is necessary to make eight laps (200 m) at a steady pace;
- Then there are sets, performing which alternate styles(breaststroke, crawl, back, crawl): 4 sets of 50 meters at medium intensity, resting for 30 seconds, then repeating 4 sets with intensity above average. One set of crawl at a distance of 50 meters with maximum intensity and 2 final sets of 25 meters, in which only the legs work (use a swimming board or swim on the back);
- Fix result 1 to the set in a 100 m freestyle.
Weight reduction with water aerobics
Another type of sports swimming lessons insections are classes on aqua aerobics, which for the first time began to be held in the 50s of last century. The difference of this type of aerobic loads from all the others is that the water environment creates an additional load on all muscles, while reducing the burden on the musculoskeletal system. Classes on aqua aerobics are conducted in groups and are aimed, as a rule, to reduce weight. Aqua aerobics classes involve the use of special equipment:
- aqua dumbbells;
- aqua discs;
- boards and blades for swimming;
- fins, armlets, and the like.
Classes are conducted under rhythmic music and at a dynamic pace, so you definitely do not get bored.
Another option available in many pools -diving. Diving is the process of deep-sea diving with the use of special costumes and equipment (primarily aqualungs). Of course, diving is more interesting in natural water bodies, but learn to use and breathe with scuba gear, and also to move in water in a diving suit, better under the supervision of an experienced instructor in the pool.
Read also articles How to swim properly and What is useful for swimming.