Poets believe and modern doctors say that they are a mirror reflecting a person’s health and body condition. The iris of the eye is individual and unique for each person, and the pigment contained in it is responsible for the color of our eyes. Even the healers of antiquity were judged by the change in the iris of the processes occurring in the body. The modern method of iridology is based on this.
Even in ancient times, people noticed that the iris of the eye changes throughout human life. Because of this, for centuries, people from different parts of the world endowed her with mysterious and mystical properties. Iris guessed and predicted the future, tried to see the consequences of certain events in human life. More than three thousand years ago, Indian doctors diagnosed diseases of the eyes and the state of the iris. There are records on papyrus dating back to the time of the reign of Pharaoh Tutankhamen, signs of various diseases appearing on the iris.Priest El Aksu, who created this work, is credited with the fame of the first specialist in iridology, thanks to which it was widely spread and gained recognition in Tibet, Indochina and Babylon.
The structure of the iris
Modern scientists, thanks to the latest ophthalmological instruments, were able to study the structure of such a complex system as the human eye, which is responsible for the perception, processing and transmission of the received information to the brain. Located between the lens and the transparent cornea, the iris of the eye is a thin strip of tissue, pierced by the endings of nerve fibers and vessels. It consists of internal and external department. The anterior eye chamber (also called the external division) is filled with a clear liquid and consists of the iris and the cornea. The posterior eye chamber, or inner region, is a space bounded by the vitreous body and the iris. Thanks to the pupil located in the center of the iris, which is responsible for visual acuity, the amount of light transmitted to the retina is regulated.
The iris of the eye may visually change in accordance with the dilation or contraction of the pupil.
The eyes, and in particular the iris, is a complex system of obtaining and redirecting information about the surrounding reality to the brain. But besides these functions, the iris:
- regulates the amount of light entering the retina;
- thanks to the pigment melanin layer protects the eyes from excessive light;
- participates in the processes of accommodation, that is, focusing the sight on objects;
- shrinking and expanding, promotes the circulation of intraocular fluid;
- thanks to the multitude of blood capillaries and vessels, it provides nourishment and maintenance of the temperature regime of the eyes;
- responsible for staining in one or another color of human eyes.
Pigment and color
The front surface of the iris, responsible for eye color, is clearly visible through the transparent layer of the cornea. It is from her, or rather the amount of such pigment as melanin, which is part of the upper layers of the iris, depends on what color the person's eyes.
Thus, the black or brown color of the iris of the eye indicates a high level of pigment content, and gray-blue or gray-green indicates that there is little melanin.Another factor affecting the color of the eyes is the density of the fibers that make up the iris itself.
Eyes - a mirror of health?
Since ancient times, healers from different countries have noticed the relationship between certain diseases of the body and mind with spots, stripes or specks appearing on the iris. The centuries-old observations of several generations of healers have made it possible to create maps showing the projections of a particular organ onto a certain area of the iris.
Iridiologists, for convenience, work out the iris by sector and present it as a clock. There is such an interesting scheme.
Iris of the eye (no difference, right or left) correspond to the same projection:
- 11–12 h - brain work;
- from 13 to 15 hours - the state of the trachea and nasopharynx;
- 16–17 h - spinal column;
- from 5 pm to 6 pm - how well the urinogenital system and kidneys function;
- 18–19 h - reproductive organs;
- about 20 hours - the work of the gallbladder and liver;
- 21–22 h - lung health;
- from 22 to 22.20 - the thyroid gland;
- about 22.30 - ear condition.
Any new point, dash or spot on the iris suggests the state of which organ should be carefully examined.
What do the dashes and lines mean?
Studying the drawing of your own iris, you can focus on the following signs:
- bleached specks - slagging of the body, a high level of acidity;
- dark spots - disorders in the digestive organs, gallbladder disease, constipation;
- clear "rays" from the pupil to the edge of the iris - poor functioning of the lower intestine;
- half rings or circles - a high level of stress that can trigger the development of cardiovascular diseases;
- a clearly visible white band along the edge of the iris — high levels of “bad” cholesterol or developing atherosclerosis.
Having found a drawing or a spot in one or another area of projections, you should not panic. It is better to be examined by a specialist and prevent the development of the disease.
Despite the fact that our organs of vision are rather fragile, they are fairly well protected from various external damaging factors. However, none of us are immune from exposure and penetration into the eyes of various microorganisms that can provoke inflammation of the iris - iritis.
This disease can result from:
- an infectious disease;
- surgical interventions and manipulations with organs of sight;
- various traumatic eye injuries;
- malfunctions of the endocrine glands;
- immunodeficiency states;
- other eye diseases.
If you or your family members develop and do not stop for a long time, symptoms such as excessive tearing, sensation of something foreign in the eye, eyelid spasm, painful and unpleasant sensations when the eyeball moves, poor tolerance of bright light, reduced visual acuity It is necessary to consult an ophthalmologist as soon as possible for an accurate diagnosis and initiation of treatment.