Movement is life. The author of the phrase and its meaning
Unfortunately, there are a large number of wonderful phrases that we so often hear, we find in literature and the media, we ourselves use it in speech, that their meaning is no longer perceived so acutely. A vivid example of this: "Life is movement!" Amazing saying! But used so often, out of place and out of place. Let's take a fresh look at it.
Author and Full Expression
Life is motion! Many will say that this is a saying, a firm expression, that people like to use the media so much for attractive headlines. But the phrase has an author. This is the ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle. "Life is motion!" is not a complete aphorism. But such a "segment" of the quote does not distort its meaning. In its entirety, it sounds like this: "Movement is life, and life is movement!".
Movement or stress?
Not all researchers agree with this interpretation, some historians say that our contemporaries changed the phrase. Aristotle, however, said: "Life is tension, and tension is life."It is difficult to come to an objective conclusion here. In particular, due to the fact that there are difficulties with the translation of ancient Greek phrases into modern languages.
It is also known that a similar formulation can be found in the scientific works of another author, Moshe Pinchas Veldenkrais.
Personality of Aristotle
Movement is life! Of course, one cannot begin to disassemble this phrase without dwelling on the personality of its wonderful author.
Aristotle (384-322 BC) was an ancient Greek thinker. However, he also contributed to the economy, history, logic, physics, politics, ethics, metaphysics. Aristotle was a student of the no less famous Plato. He himself was the tutor of the great Alexander of Macedon, the founder of Likea - a gymnasium near the Temple of Apollo in Athens.
A naturalist of the period of the classics, he had a fundamental influence on the whole philosophy of antiquity. It was thanks to Aristotle that formal logic appeared. And the conceptual apparatus created by him is still relevant in the style of scientific thinking and philosophical lexicon.
Aristotle’s views on ontology had a fundamental influence on the further development of human thought.The metaphysical doctrine of the thinker was reflected in the writings of Thomas Aquinas and served as the beginning of scholastic principles. And the notorious Karl Marx boldly called Aristotle the greatest philosopher of the ancient Greek civilization.
The main teachings of the author
Reasoning about movement in a person's life is only a small fraction of the scientific and philosophical activity of Aristotle. Let's get acquainted with his main works:
- Teachings about the origins of all things. According to the thinker, there are only four of them (started): matter, purpose, form, force producing action.
- The doctrine of potency and act (possibility and reality).
- The introduction of fundamental categories of philosophy.
- Hierarchical gradation of all things.
- The reasoning of God, the absolute beginning of all beginnings.
- The reasoning of the human soul.
- The development of logic (Aristotle formed the basic logical laws), theories of knowledge: deduction and induction known to each of us.
- The development of ethics is the doctrine of the virtues of men.
- Cosmology, the teachings of the worlds.
- Reasonings about the person, his essence and the beginnings.
- The doctrine of the state, arguments about politics and citizen-politics.
- Analysis of forms of government on the right and wrong.
- The development of rhetoric, the study of types of speech.
- Contribution to the natural sciences.
Movement and physical education
And we continue to talk about the movement, its role in life. Aristotle's statement, first of all, is considered from this side - physical activity. And, I must say, the loyalty of the aphorism of the ancient Greek thinker is repeatedly confirmed by modern scholars. It has already been scientifically proven that people who lead an inactive lifestyle, who refuse to sport, live much less than their antagonists. After all, life is movement!
Many modern people will argue: but when will find time for sports at our wild rhythm of life? Well, let's see how the average person spends his spare time. As a rule, he “freezes” in social networks, watches TV, chatting in messengers or on the phone with friends. Someone is devoting himself to shopping, drinking alcohol, computer games. Is it more interesting than sports?
Many are hampered by the fear that physical activity is associated with large time and money costs, which will constantly have to be enough to sleep / get enough to eat, to walk tired all day. But the beginning of the movement (life) is not the workload of a professional athlete.This is just an hour walk in the park on foot or by bike, active outdoor games, water aerobics, a treadmill in the gym, swimming in the pool.
Movement is available to everyone!
No need to show any Olympic achievements here. The main thing - to make a schedule of systematic workouts, do not forget about them. It is enough to devote time to these quite enjoyable activities periodically in order to shake things up, to cheer up after the working day. Here, on the contrary, you will not get tired, but fill yourself with fresh forces. After all, the movement gives life!
Someone will say that old age or the presence of serious diseases permanently limit it in sports. But this is also not true. Older people can attend physical therapy classes, and the complex physician will develop a set of exercises. And with many diseases and pathologies, physical activity is even beneficial. For example, walking in the fresh air, swimming in the pool, Nordic walking, horse trails. Talk to your doctor so that he will introduce you to the list of activities allowed for your illness.
Movement on your own life
Movement, life and health are interrelated.But this is not the only meaning of Aristotle’s statement. Traffic safety, life and its purpose will also be related to the phrase.
Know, than the person is so remarkable? He never stands still. Our nature laid the constant development and movement forward. In everything: in career and hobbies, worldview and lifestyle. Happy is he who has learned to open new horizons and to conquer the previously inaccessible heights. But the one who does not go out, becomes envious, passive, looks for the culprit in his failures, ceases to enjoy life and ignores the chances that she gives him. An unenviable fate, right?
Rules of the life movement
Today you will find a lot of books and trainings on self-development, on the movement to a new life. However, everything that is told there can be reduced to simple and easily remembered dogmas of life:
- Start changing your life yourself. Take the first step yourself. Do not wait for a sign from heaven or someone's help.
- Gain speed and do not stop. Life obstacles and problems should only provoke you, and not slow down.
- Do not try. Do not try to start, but start. Do not try to move, but move with all your might, with all your enthusiasm towards your goal.
- Give yourself what you want completely.Striving towards the goal in half strength, in between times, you will get the corresponding result.
- It is difficult to achieve everything at once. Break your goal into categories and stages. Do not forget to rejoice in the small victories on this path - this is what will give you fresh strength.
- The ideal plan of action is not and never was anyone. All went through mistakes and defeats. Do not expect that everything in your life will be like a fairy tale. But do not let the failures take up above your aspirations.
- Think first and then act. Do not allow yourself to unduly doubt, but do not indulge in adventures.
Life is a drive up
You can talk about the rules of life, the rules of the road. But there is another meaning of the phrase, which for some reason, many bypass. Life is a spiritual movement, it is a spiritual growth. A person should always strive upwards. To be purer in thoughts, kinder to others, sincere in deeds, more compassionate to those who are alien or unpleasant to him. This is the main movement of his life. Movement to the light. Without it, any other activity will seem only an empty run in place.
Someone helps religion, someone - their own moral principles, someone - the spiritual path, which indicate the wonderful authors of the past and present. Do not forget about this movement.After all, it will give you true happiness, joy, will illuminate your life with true meaning.
This is the meaning of movement in a person’s life. We are important and physical activity, and the desire for self-development, and spiritual development, and career advancement, good luck in your favorite business. And all this movement is up and forward. So it turns out that it is the meaning of our life. How right was the ancient Greek thinker! He put all our arguments in one short phrase: "Life is a movement!" A wonderful aphorism to choose its motto for its development.