"Safotsid": reviews, testimony, instruction, composition, analogues
When detecting the first signs of the urinogenital system, the person immediately goes to a specialist for help. According to the results of the examination and tests, the doctor diagnoses the patient and prescribes the treatment. Often the destination, or rather the number of drugs, is shocked. It is sometimes impossible for a person with medical education to understand the list of prescribed pills.
Against the background of the current problem, the popularity of combination drugs is increasing. One such is the product of the Indian pharmaceutical industry "Safotsid". The drug is unique in nature, all pills contained in a plastic blister should be consumed at one time.
According to the instructions for Safocid, the manufacturer positions it as a drug with antifungal, antimicrobial and antiprotozoal effects.It should be taken for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes in order to avoid the development of sexually transmitted diseases. Specialists often prescribe the drug to patients after unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Fluconazole. Antifungal agent is represented by a tablet in the form of a flattened cylinder of a gently pink color. The component inhibits the production of the cell wall of the fungus and causes irreparable damage to metabolic processes inside the cell. The growth and reproduction of the fungus is suspended. The tablet is absorbed into the bloodstream in a matter of minutes, regardless of the meal. The bioavailability index of fluconazole is close to 90%. The maximum concentration of a substance in the blood can be fixed after 1.5-2 hours after consumption. Unlike other components that make up Safocid, the half-life of this is no more than a day. The product is uniformly concentrated in all body fluids - and blood, and sweat, and sputum, and saliva.
- Azithromycin. Antibiotic antimicrobial action. In appearance, it represents pink convex capsules.The described tool is attributed to macrolides - a group of broad-spectrum antibiotics. The destruction of the cell wall of the microorganism leads to its rapid death. Azithromycin is powerless against erythromycin resistant bacteria. Once in the gastrointestinal tract, the active substance is absorbed by the mucous membrane. The bioavailability is below average - a little over 40%, however, according to the experts on the “safotsid”, this is quite enough for a qualitative bactericidal action. The highest blood concentration is reached after 2-3 hours. Due to the increased accumulation of the drug in the tissues of the human body (than in the plasma), its removal takes longer. On average, in 3-4 days azithromycin is eliminated without residue.
- Secnidazole. Its action is antiprotozoal. The drug is represented by a white oblong capsule of a dense texture. The active components of the tool block the synthesis of DNA chains, resulting in irreversible disruptions in the structure of DNA and RNA. The greatest effectiveness of Secnidazole in the "Safotsid" manifests in the fight against amoebas and trichomonads, with aerobic infections of nature is almost inconclusive. Upon contact with the mucous membrane of the body begins to actively absorbed into the plasma.It spreads well across the hemato-placental barrier. Bioavailability - 70-80%.
The drug "Safocid" is a set of tablets of three varieties:
- Fluconazole in a dosage of 150 mg (1 tablet).
- Secnidazole in the dosage of 1000 mg (2 tablets, 2000 mg in total).
- Azithromycin in the dosage of 1000 mg (1 tablet).
To ensure that the pills retain their quality properties throughout the entire shelf life of the drug, the manufacturer placed them in a cellular foil and film package.
The taste of the tablets is bitter, they do not smell. Due to the small streamlined shape of the pill it is convenient to drink water. This process does not cause gag reflex in particularly sensitive groups of patients. They are also dissolved and absorbed quickly enough.
According to reviews of the "safocide" venereologists, it has two forms of release - packs of 4 and 12 tablets.
Indications for use
When a patient sees an intricate name in a doctor's prescription, he will ask a logical question: “Safocid” - what are these pills for? A qualified specialist will answer without difficulty. The drug is effective in the treatment of infections of the urogenital tract and STDs. In particular:
- fungal infections;
- bacterial vaginosis.
The drug is used to treat related specific and nonspecific cervicitis, urethritis, vulvovaginitis, cystitis, etc.
Recommendations for use
According to the instructions of the venereologist "Safotsid" must be taken 2 hours after a meal. An alternative reception option is 1 hour before meals. The entire set of the complex drug must be consumed sequentially in one step. Wash down with plenty of pure water without gas and sweeteners.
If the purpose of the reception - getting rid of intractable chlamydia or gonorrhea, it is assumed the passage of repeated courses at regular intervals. For prophylactic purposes, one-time consumption is sufficient.
With all the positive effects of "Safocid" for a number of patients, it can cause significant damage. On this basis, the manufacturer has designated a group of persons to whom the drug is contraindicated.
The list of prohibitions include pregnancy, breastfeeding, adolescents under 16 years of age. This also identifies individual intolerance to the components of the drug, renal failure,diseases of the central nervous system, diabetes mellitus, liver failure, chronic diseases of the blood and internal organs.
According to the instructions for Safocid, the following side effects may occur. On the part of the patient’s nervous system, convulsions, loss of sleep, drowsiness, dizziness, and headaches may disturb.
On the part of the digestive system: spasmodic abdominal pain, flatulence, hepatitis, nausea, vomiting, disturbance of taste buds, cholestasis, loss of appetite, diarrhea, increased enzymes, dry mouth, constipation, taste of "metal" in the mouth, jaundice, dyspepsia, other digestive disorders.
Allergies and derivatives of it: redness, skin rashes, swelling of limbs and face, eczema, a tooth on the skin, toxic necrolysis, anaphylactic shock.
In blood formation: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia.
Additional disorders: stomatitis, fever, pain in the sternum, hypokalemia, arrhythmia, tremor, glossitis, low blood pressure, ventricular fibrillation, increased sweating, alopecia, asthenia.
Pregnancy and lactation
Women who are carrying a baby or breastfeeding often wonder: “Safocid” - what are these pills for? ”. Experts agree that pregnancy is a definitive contraindication to its use.
The drug is excreted from the body in record time. One of the following symptoms will be a clear sign of exceeding the permissible rate of the drug:
- nausea and vomiting;
- hallucinations, clouding of consciousness;
- temporary hearing loss;
- upset stool;
- paranoid manifestations.
Special instructions for taking other drugs
With the simultaneous use of fluconazole (as a component of Safocid) and tableted drugs, a systematic control of blood sugar levels is necessary for lowering sugar. The active ingredient of a drug can lower it to a critically low score.
Taking large amounts of Safocid and theophylline can lead to an overdose of the latter. The main components of the drug described slow down the removal of theophylline.
Simultaneous administration of azithromycin and warfarin provides for strict control of prothrombin time.
According to reviews of "Safocid" specialists, its combination with antacids reduces the effectiveness of each of the drugs. The absorption of the main components of drugs is slowed down.
A sharp increase in the toxic effect of azithromycin, manifested in the form of dysesthesia and vasospasm, is observed while it is being taken with ergotamine and dihydroergotamine
"Safotsid" increases the level of plasma concentration and increases the toxicity of indirect anticoagulants, cycloserine, felodipine, methylpredniidosol. A similar effect will interactions with drugs whose metabolism in the body is associated with microsomal oxidation - cyclosporine, carbamazepine, terfenadine, valproic acid, geksobarbitalom, disopyramide, ergot alkaloids, bromocriptine, phenytoin, oral hypoglycemic agents, theophylline and other xanthines species. This happens by inhibiting the process of microsomal oxidation in liver cells with azithromycin.
According to reviews about "Safocid" simultaneous administration of the drug with ethanol provokes nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, headache, etc.
According to the therapeutic properties and principle of action, the following analogue drugs are distinguished:
- "Abaktal". Analogue "Safotsida" Polish production. Designed for oral administration. The purpose of use is the treatment of infectious diseases of a bacterial nature at different stages of development. The advantages of the drug include the speed of action and democratic cost, the disadvantages - the need for long-term use.
- Fluconazole. What to replace "Safotsid"? Domestic brand "Health" offers a time-tested drug. Its effect is similar to the described agent because of the same active ingredient. The drug is advisable to take for the treatment of gonorrhea, thrush and a number of other fungal infections. The advantage of "Safotsid" in its availability, lack of reduced efficiency.
- "Unidok Solutab". "Analogue Safotsida" produced in the Netherlands by Astellas Pharma Europe. The tetracycline antibiotic has a bacteriostatic effect on the list of harmful microorganisms.It is indispensable in the fight against infectious diseases of the genitourinary system (cystitis, chlamydia, prostatitis) and dermatological infections. The advantages of the drug is the minimum list of side effects that occur rarely. The disadvantage is a ban on use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Precautions and storage conditions
Reception of alcoholic beverages is not recommended to be combined with the described preparation. Such a combination may provoke the occurrence and aggravation of adverse reactions in the form of abdominal pain, diarrhea and abnormal liver function.
Store Safocid recommended in a place protected from sunlight and high humidity, out of reach of children. The optimum temperature is 25-28 degrees Celsius. The drug is available for use for 3 years from the date of issue.