Salty eggplants with garlic for the winter: cooking features, best recipes and reviews
Salted eggplant with garlic for the winter is a versatile dish. Immediately and salad, and side dish, and snack. A jar with a blank can be opened if guests suddenly appear. And you can just treat yourself to a cold winter evening with eggplants and boiled hot potatoes. In this case, recipes blanks with this unusual blue vegetable - a great many. Consider the most simple and tasty options.
The benefits of eggplants
Even a small jar of preserves from salted eggplants for the winter is a storehouse of vitamins and trace elements. Vegetables contain:
- soluble sugars.
As well as vitamins PP, B1, B2, B5 and C. Blue vegetables are valued for their high content of pectin, which helps the body get rid of excess cholesterol and does not allow bile to stagnate.
At the same time eggplants in finished form and canned food do not lose their useful properties. They help the body to strengthen bones, fight osteochondrosis, atherosclerosis and osteoporosis.
In addition, scientists have concluded that this vegetable helps people quit smoking. Due to its vitamin PP (ie, nicotinic acid) content, it is much easier to tolerate refusal from cigarettes.
It is worth noting that 100 grams of eggplant contains no more than 28 calories. So, even people who follow the figure, this vegetable will have to taste.
How to salt: general rules
Recipes for salted eggplants with garlic for the winter - a great many. But there are general rules that will help make the dish even more tasty and facilitate the cooking process.
For this you need:
- Wash vegetables and leave in boiled salted water for 7-10 minutes.
- After the designated time one of the eggplants is advised to be pierced with a wooden stick. If the blue vegetable is pierced easily - you can consider it ready.
- Now you need to squeeze the fruit a little, they should not contain excess moisture.
Then the eggplants are cooled and cut. At the same time one likes to pickle vegetables in circles or plates,others make a billet from cubes and even simply cut strips. There is no fundamental difference in cutting fruit.
But there are two types of salting methods:
- Wet. This is when the billet is poured with salty brine.
- Dry. When it is placed, eggplants are put under pressure (they cover the pan with salted dish).
Each housewife chooses his own way of pickling, it can also depend on the recipe.
The easiest recipe
Before cooking, you need to sterilize the jars. Most often they are simply heated in the oven or “boiled” over the steam. The lids for the vegetable yummy are boiled for a few minutes in boiling water.
After a little preparation, you can begin to “conjure” with the classic recipe for salted eggplants with garlic in jars.
For 3 two-liter jars or for 5-6 liter jars you will need:
- 5 kilograms of eggplants;
- liter of water;
- 5-6 lavrushek;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 25 grams of salt.
- Each eggplant need to cut the stem, then make an incision in the middle of the fruit.
- For brine, boil water with salt. Boil vegetables in it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Further, the blue fruits reach and split on the board under the oppression: this is the easiest way to get rid of excess fluid.
- Now you can do garlic: chop the heads finely (grated) and add some salt.
- The resulting garlic mixture stuffed eggplant.
- Vegetables carefully laid out in prepared jars. Top lay on the leaf of Lavrushka, pour brine.
Banks should be covered with lids and stored for the first week in a dark room at room temperature. After that, the workpiece can be transferred to the refrigerator or cellar.
Salt with carrots and garlic
A more savory snack is obtained if you cook salted eggplants with carrots and garlic. In addition, housewives love this recipe for ease of preparation.
For pickles need to take:
- 3 kg of eggplants;
- glass of water;
- 5 heads of garlic;
- 3 kg of carrots;
- 1-2 bunches of parsley;
- 5 tablespoons of salt (can be reduced to 3, depends on taste preferences).
Eggplant and garlic prepared as in the first recipe. Now add carrots to the garlic mixture, mix and salt. The cooled blue fruits are cut in half, stuffed. Each vegetable is tied up with white thread, we put snack on banks. Top seasoning the remaining mixture of garlic and carrots.
It remains to fill the jars with brine and clean in a cool place. It will be possible to indulge in preparation in a couple of weeks, but it is better to leave yummy food until winter.
Eggplants Stuffed with Vegetables
From small and whole fruits, salty eggplants with garlic stuffed with vegetables are good for the winter. This dish looks good even on a festive table.
Three liters of billet need to buy:
- 1 kg of eggplants;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 200 grams of cabbage;
- 1 bell pepper;
- chili pepper;
- 1 carrot;
- a bunch of parsley and dill;
- celery root;
- 7 tablespoons of salt (you can reduce the amount to 5).
Cooking in steps:
- Blue vegetables are my, cut off their "tails", cook for 3-4 minutes. Cool, cut a hole in the place where there was a stem.
- Chop cabbage finely, grate carrots better.
- Finely chop the greens and garlic.
- Slice Bulgarian pepper, cut chili pepper in half.
- Stuff eggplant with vegetables. Now they can be tied with a thread so that vegetables do not fall out.
Put the finished fruit on the banks and fill with brine. Some days you need to give them a rest at a temperature of 25-28 degrees, then clean the cellar.
Another recipe for cooking salty eggplants for the winter: the blue ones in Georgian. The dish is spicy, with a sweet and sour taste.
For harvesting take:
- 5 kg of eggplants;
- 1/2 kg of red sweet pepper;
- up to 3 heads of garlic;
- up to 2 chili peppers;
- 300 g of vinegar 9%;
- 1 cup vegetable oil.
For preparation blue vegetables are cut into circles. At the same time, the thickness should be no thinner than 1.5 centimeters, so that by winter the fruits retain their shape. After that, eggplants are put in a saucepan, salted, mixed and left for half an hour. After the time has elapsed, they are washed in running water, dried and fried on both sides in oil.
For the sauce, scroll the garlic and both types of peppers through a meat grinder, add salt and salt, add oil, vinegar and mix. Fried eggplants are dipped in the mixture and put into prepared jars.
After that, banks put in a saucepan, cover with lids and sterilized over low heat for up to 20 minutes. The finished dish in Georgian is left to cool and clean in a cool dark place.
For those who love quicker, like salty eggplants with garlic for the winter in Korean.
- 6 blue fruits;
- 3 bell peppers;
- 1 chili pepper;
- 2 onions;
- 4 carrots;
- garlic head;
- a glass of sunflower oil;
- 2.5-4.5 tablespoons of salt;
- tablespoon of coriander;
- tea false black ground pepper;
- 15 g condiments for Korean carrots.
- Three carrots grated, add 20 g of salt, mix.
- Coarsely chop the eggplants, boil them in boiling water for 3 minutes. We merge them into a colander to get rid of excess water.
- Finely chop the garlic, onions - half rings, the whole pepper - thin straws. Mix these vegetables.
- Wash the salted carrots in cold water, add to the vegetable mixture. There - eggplants.
- It remains to fill the dish with all the spices and mix thoroughly.
Before laying out a sharp snack on the banks, it is recommended to let the vegetables “lie down” a little.
How to pickle eggplants for the winter at home, so that they look like mushrooms? It turns out too simple enough.
For this you will need:
- 2 kg of any eggplant;
- garlic head;
- 15 g of sunflower oil;
- 100 ml of vinegar;
- bunch of dill;
- 100-120 g of salt;
- 2.5 liters of water.
We boil water for pickles, adding vinegar and salt to it. Cut the eggplants themselves into cubes, send them to the pan and cook for no more than 4-5 minutes. After that, we shift the vegetables into a colander without stirring.
For refueling, chop finely garlic and dill. Add to the eggplant, pour the oil on top and lay out the "false mushrooms" on the banks. They must spend the first night in the refrigerator, after which they can be put away in the cellar.
Procurement in multvarka
There is another way to cook salted eggplants for the winter. Recipe for multicooker. Experienced housewives have already rated him for simplicity.
So, for cooking you need to take:
- 3 eggplants;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 15 g of salt;
- a glass of apple cider vinegar;
- 1 Lavrushka;
- 5 black peppercorns;
- liter of water.
This number of products is designed for the smallest bowl, you can just take 1.5-2 times more. The main thing is to keep proportions.
- Pour water into the bowl of the multicooker (you can measure the amount on the internal scale), set the mode “Boiling” or “Steaming”
- Eggplants cleaned from the skin, remove the stalk and cut into thick rings (preferably 3 cm each).
- Add vinegar and blue vegetables to the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes.
- During this time, you can chop the garlic finely.
- Cooked fruits are poured through a colander.
Wait until the eggplant is cool, no need, you can immediately decompose them into sterile jars, sprinkled with garlic on top. Sterilize the workpiece itself is not required.
By the way, this dish can be not only made as a billet for the winter, but also served on the table immediately after preparation. That is, put the hot vegetables on plates, sprinkle them with garlic and eat until they are cold.
Useful tips and reviews
To cook salted eggplants for the winter with garlic, cooks and experienced housewives are advised to follow some rules.
First, choose to pickle autumn vegetables. Summer fruits are very tasty and tender, but September is more suitable for harvesting, rich in taste and denser eggplants. In this case, the vegetables should not be very large, not have defects or signs of mold.
According to reviews of hostesses, it is better to take vegetables:
- with shiny skin;
- with a small stalk.
It is not recommended to add ground or allspice in classic recipes. Eggplant itself - the vegetable is already quite spicy.
In addition, the fruits have a bright taste, therefore, when salting, they also add bright foods to the taste: garlic, carrots, chili pepper. "Neutral" vegetables in the finished dish, most likely, will not be felt.