Weigela blooming: varieties, care, cultivation, photo
Every person wants to have a heavenly spot where you can hide from the whole world. For most, this is a summer house. And in order to make a garden plot a truly paradise place, you can plant an ornamental plant, which has the exotic name weigela. Gardeners are interested for a long time. This is primarily due to the fact that this representative of the flora does not require special care. A variety of varieties will make your site bright and unique.
Planting and care
Weigela blooming quite unpretentious. In order for it to please the eye, you need to choose a sunny place for landing. Penumbra is also suitable. A prerequisite is the absence of wind. It is worth considering that in the shade weigela will not bloom as much as in the sun. When choosing a place you need to take into account the type of soil. First of all, it must be water permeable. A very good option is lime soil.After the necessary site is chosen, we will organize deepening, preliminary having loosened the soil. It needs to be made with swinging movements of a shovel. It remains to place the previously prepared cutting in the ground. In this case, it is necessary to make sure that the oblique cut is in the ground, and the kidney, which is located at the very top of the cutting, on the surface. When planting you need to use sand, sod land and humus in the ratio of 1: 2: 2. Feature of landing is obligatory existence of a layer from crushed stone from 10 to 20 centimeters thick. The most suitable acidity for weigela is 6–6.5 pH. Until the plant gains strength and strengthens, it needs watering.
All plants require fertilizer, including weigela. Shrub need to feed two times, and the first before the snow. To do this, use 10 g of superphosphate, 20 g of urea, 10 g of potassium sulfate. It is recommended to feed weigela a second time at the beginning of summer when buds are formed (use 30 grams of double superphosphate and the same amount of potassium sulfate).
Particularly attractive weigela, reproduction of which does not require special skills, its survival rate.The shrub can be grown from seed, cutting or prikopav branch in the ground. When propagating by cutting, you must select a one-year shoot and make an oblique cut 10 centimeters above the ground. Then it needs to be cut into pieces. The length of each of them should be 20 centimeters and contain at least 2 buds. When planting and in the first 4 days after this, the plant needs abundant watering. An adult can do without additional water if it rains. If they are not available, weigela needs to be watered once a week.
Peculiarities of care
Be sure to loosen, mulch a layer of earth, whose thickness is 5 centimeters, and perform pruning. Loosening is necessary to get rid of weeds. Spring weighed pruning. Removed branches affected by winter frosts. It is also necessary to prune once every two years after flowering. This shrub will not only please the eye, but will also play the role of a hedge.
The color and aroma is weigela. Varieties are surprising in their diversity, not to mention the number of garden forms. Consider them in more detail.
This bush has extraordinary beauty.It has a large crown, the diameter of which varies from 1 to 2.5 m, with magnificent flowers. Weigela is able to bloom twice a year, which makes it very attractive for use in landscape design. This plant loves light, loose soil and open space. It does not tolerate wind. With severe frosts, weigela hybrid need to cover.
- Will make bright and attractive any garden plot bright redWeigela Bristol Ruby. Its flowers resemble bells, they form beautiful inflorescences of 4-5 pieces. Their diameter reaches 5 centimeters. The combination of rich red flowers and bright green will not leave anyone indifferent. This type of plant is resistant to frost. Unpretentious to veygela soils (reproduction is not difficult) will be a decoration of the garden. The place for Bristol Ruby can be picked up both in the shade and in the sun. The main flowering period falls at the beginning of summer (the first two months). This plant can please repeated flowering. However, like all other species, weigela Bristol Ruby does it a second time less abundantly, and its flowers are concentrated on the tops. Every year the shrub grows both in height and in width (by 20-30 centimeters). Brighter Ruby will be an average of 50 years old to please the eye of Weigela.The size of an adult bush reaches three meters in height. Formed crown has a diameter of 3.5 meters.
- Weigela Gustave Mallet. Buds of a marvelous pink color with a white border will attract the attention of even those passersby who do not consider themselves to be florists. This variety of weigela will please the eye during the period from the end of May to the beginning of June (15-20 days). The flower is five centimeters in diameter, and the height of an adult shrub is two and a half meters.
- Weigela Eva Rathke. This variety was bred in Poland. Unlike many others, he is short. Plant height reaches only one meter. The red flower changes its shade from richer outside to tender inside. This gives it a special charm. The leaves, whose length varies from 6 to 10 centimeters, have the shape of an ellipse. The highlight of Eva Rathke (the plant will delight in flowering in late July and early August) are brilliant flowers. This variety does not belong to frost-resistant, therefore it is better to spend the winter under shelter. Eva Rathke veigela grows rather quickly, and the diameter of the crown of an adult bush can reach three meters.
- Weigela Rosea. Frost-resistant undersized Weigela Rosea dilutes autumn colors scarlet. That is the color of the leaves of this shrub in autumn.She is also surprised by unusually large pale pink flowers with white veins. This variety is unpretentious, has a sprawling crown and will bring notes of piquancy to your garden plot.
- Weigela Candida. Weigela, which has an elegant crown, reaching 3.5 meters in diameter, and white flowers up to 4 centimeters long. The flowering period falls on the end of spring and the beginning of summer. This variety is demanding on the soil. He prefers fertile land and does not tolerate stagnant water. The height of Candida weigela reaches two meters, and every year its branches are extended by an average of 25 centimeters. With decent care shrub will please the eye for over fifty years.
- Weigela Styriaca.This variety is distinguished by light leaves and small flowers. The diameter of the latter reaches 2–2.5 cm in length. The color of the buds is red, reminiscent of strawberries. This is the highlight of this variety. In addition, cut buds will smell much longer than other flowers of weigela. The flowering period falls on the end of May - the beginning of June. It averages 2–2.5 weeks. When the shrub finishes, the buds change color from red to carmine. The difference of this type of weigela is a crown of openwork form, the diameter of which reaches three meters. The shrub grows at an impressive pace.The height of an adult plant is 2.5 meters. For the winter weigela need to cover.
- Weigela Looymansii Aurea. This variety is short. Its feature is the leaves, the color of which at the beginning of summer is yellow. And only after a while they get a green color. The length of the sheet varies from 5 to 8 centimeters. During flowering, and it occurs in the spring, the crown of the shrub is covered with pink flowers. Weigela Looymansii Aurea does not belong to unpretentious varieties. It does not make the heat, so when choosing a place to land you need to stay in the penumbra. Frosts shrubs also endures poorly. For him suitable fertile and wet land.
Weigela is blooming
It is a shrub, characterized by large leaves in the shape of an ellipse. Their length reaches ten centimeters, and the height of the weigel itself is three meters. Leaves have several features. First, they have serrated edges. Secondly, those on the tops have a straight shape, and those that are located closer to the bottom of the shrub are lowered to the ground. Blossoming buds are painted in a rich red color. Over time, it becomes pale pink. The flower itself reaches three centimeters in diameter and falls slightly down.This variety is frost resistant and demanding to the ground. It has curved branches charming flowering shrubs. Weigela in the period of flowering is covered with buds of rich red and pink flowers. This look can be used not only as a decorative fence. The tracks along which a flourishing weigela grows will look advantageous. Also, the bush will decorate the trees, acting as the edge. There is a decorative form. It has fairly large red buds with shades of brown.
This species is characterized by a significant density of leaves having the shape of an ellipse. Their length reaches seven centimeters. Form - gear. The height of the shrub is two meters. The color of the bark varies from light brown to gray. If we talk about young shoots, they are reddish. During flowering, the early weigela is covered with buds of a maximum of three pink buds. The flowering period lasts a month. And only at the end of September the leaves will turn yellow, and in late October they will fall.
Weigel can not be attributed to cold resistant, so it must be covered for the winter. When planting is better to choose a sunny place.Plant it can be one or in combination with other shrubs. Early weigela is undemanding to the ground. It can be transplanted without damage to the plant.
- Weigela early Variegata. This shrub is neither tall nor short (an adult plant reaches one to two meters in height). The leaves have an unusual color. They have yellow specks. Cream and pink flowers are just fascinating. The owner of the amazing beauty of veygela variegata blooms in May.
This is a short shrub whose leaves resemble an egg. Their length reaches 10 centimeters. The flowers look like bells, they delight the eye from late May to early July. In October, change their color leaves. For the winter, the weigela of the garden does not always have time to throw them off, therefore, sometimes it experiences cold weather with leaves. It differs in frost resistance and drought resistance. When planting should choose a sunny place. You can land both individually and in groups.
Tall shrub, in which young shoots have two rows of hairs. The color of the shoots varies from brown to gray. The leaves have the shape of an ellipse with serrate edges.Bright pink flowers gather in inflorescences and delight the eye in late May and early June. The entire flowering period is 3 weeks.
The blooming is unpretentious to the landing place of the veigela, but it is afraid of frost. Therefore, it is necessary to shelter for the winter. The advantage is the ability to recover quickly. Regarding the soil, it also has preferences. It should be fertile and moist, without stagnant water. If you give her a little time and attention, then the weigela blooming, the photo of which is presented below, will transform the homestead territory.
- Weigela Purpurea. Low-growing variety with red leaves in the shape of an ellipse and pink flowers with a yellow middle. The height of the adult shrub does not exceed 1.5 m, and the diameter of the crown is 2 m. The flowering period falls on the first two summer months. This variety grows rather slowly, but it is characterized by increased resistance to frost. Despite this, it is desirable to cover him for the winter.
- Weigela Alba. This is not just a stunted, but a dwarf weigela. The shrub can grow both in the sun and in partial shade. Flowers bloom from white buds that become pink. The leaves of this shrub have a specific color.There are white specks on them.
- Weigela Variegata. Of all the flowering species, this is particularly resistant to frost. Its leaves are small. Their length does not exceed five centimeters. The adult shrub has a height of 2 meters, and the diameter of the crown is 2.5 m. Bright pink flowers with a diameter of up to three and a half centimeters are collected in inflorescences. At the base of each of them are the leaves.
- Weigela Nana Variegata. Short view with a crown diameter of 1.5 meters. The leaves are decorated with yellow trim, and the flowers appear from raspberry buds. They decorate the shrub, gathered in inflorescences.
Weigela blooming Nana Variegata loves stony soil.
- Pink poppet. Dwarf weigela, whose thick crown resembles a ball. It has an unusual oblong leaf shape with jagged edges. Gorgeous weigela pink will delight flowering in late spring and early autumn. When choosing a place you need to take into account that this variety prefers fertile soils and sun.
Flowering weigel love light. Only some species feel well in slightly shaded places. You also need to avoid winds that damage not only flowers but also leaves.