What is the configuration?
At present, several meanings of the word "configuration" are known. This term is used in various fields of science.
Next, we'll talk about what configuration is and how to correctly apply this word.
- In astronomy, the configuration is the relative position of the Sun, planets, and other celestial bodies in the sky.
- In chemistry, the configuration is the spatial measure of the atoms that make up the molecule. It allows you to distinguish between stereoisomers.
- Electronic configuration is a method of placing electrons in an atom of a certain chemical element.
- The configuration of the program is the set of its settings, which are set by the user.
For each user a lot meansthe configuration of his computer. It is a list of hardware components that make up the PC. From their characteristics depends the direction of using a particular machine. In accordance with their configuration, computers are divided into several types:
- To handle small computing power and simple applications. Such PCs are installed in factories and offices;
- Intermediate devices that combine the advantages of basic models with more productive elements. They are ideal for home use;
- Computers designed to handle resource-intensive applications. They include only powerful components that provide high performance. Machines for games belong to this type.
The computer configuration includes the following components:
- video adapter,
- source of power,
- video card,
- drive unit.
A weak computer configuration may cause it to slow down. Read more about this in our article; What to do if the computer hangs.